“A surgery should be performed in such a way that later a surgeon himself couldn’t notice that a person had a surgery.”
Tautrimas Aštrauskas, a plastic and reconstructive surgery doctor, has the highest qualification and has received recognition both in Lithuania and overseas. He is one of the pioneers of breast plastic and reconstructive surgery in Lithuania.
• 1980-1986: Kaunas Medical University Hospital (present – Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kauno Klinikos).
• 1986-2000: Kaunas Clinics (present LSMU KK), Burn Unit;
• 2000-2012: Kaunas Oncology Hospital and Kaunas Clinics, Breast Surgery Unit;
• 1993-2013: private practice at Kaunas Plastic Surgery Centre;
• Since 2013: practice at own Tautrimas Aštrauskas Clinic;
• Since 2013: consulting surgeon in United Kingdom;
• Since 2015: surgeon at VitkusClinic.
Doctor Tautrimas Aštrauskas continuously improves his knowledge and practice, participates in international scientific and practice conferences, congresses, and workshops, as well as presents scientific reports. The doctor had internships in many surgery centres recognised in Europe: Switzerland, Norway, France, Germany, and Finland.
Membership in occupational and non-governmental organisations:
• Member of Lithuanian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery;
• Member of International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS);
• Member of European Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (ESPRAS).